Become an educated expert in diamonds, jewelry, rings, precious metals like platinum and gold as well as gemstones and pearls. Make the best purchase possible with our comprehensive education pages.
Buying diamonds and jewelry can be an overwhelming experience, but that can always be changed. Understanding a piece’s quality and characteristics is straightforward and simple. You can learn here about diamond shapes, diamond cuts, diamond color, diamond calrity, and diamond carat weight.
Our education pages are designed to answer all your questions. It explains how those characteristics influence appearance, and which are more important than others. Once you're done, you'll know everything you need to find your perfect piece.
EnchantedDiamonds.com is an absolute reliable resource for jewelry information and education online. We believe that a well informed customers are satisfied customers, which is why Enchanted Diamonds has dedicated a page of EnchantedDiamonds.com solely to a jewelry education section. The more you know about jewelry, the better equipped you will be and will be better at identifying quality pieces and good values while seraching for jewlery.
No matter if you’re buying a gemstone or a diamond, you want to select a piece that is certified by a reputable gemological laboratory. The foremost gemological organizations in the U.S. are the Gemological Institute of America (GIA) and the American Gem Society Laboratories (AGSL). These laboratories issue certificates on diamonds, colored stones, and pearls. The purpose of a gemological certificate is to aver that the gem possesses the attributes that the seller claims. The certificate is proof of the gem’s quality and authenticity. EnchantedDiamonds.com provides you with the widest selection of professionally certified jewelry online.QUALITY JEWELRY IS ALWAYS IMPORTANT
There are three metals are primarily used in jewelry: gold, silver, and platinum. You can find some basic facts about each metal are as follows:
gold does not corrode, rust, or tarnish, which makes it a popular metal for jewelry. Three different colors of gold are used in jewelry: yellow gold, white gold, and rose gold. The purity of gold jewelry is expressed in karatage, represented by the letter “k.” Karatage is reported in 24ths, which means 24k gold is 100% gold. Gold is too soft to be used in jewelry in its pure form, so it is typically mixed with other metals. Most jewelry is either 18k gold (composed of 75% gold) or 14k gold (composed of 58.3% gold).
Silver is too soft, just like gold, to be used by itself in jewelry. And because of this, it is mixed with other metals to enhance its durability. One of the most popular jewelry metals is sterling silver, which is 92.5% silver and 7.5% copper.
platinum is the strongest of all the jewelry metals. Platinum does not tarnish or scratch, which is why it is the metal of choice for stone settings. Quality platinum jewelry is usually 95% platinum, with the other 5% consisting of palladium, iridium, or ruthenium. The best platinum metal will bear the mark “Plat” or “950 Plat.”
Properly jewelry care for any and all of your jewelry will help maintain its beauty for decades to come. Regardless of the type of jewelry, pieces should be professionally cleaned and inspected every six months. Some jewelers provide this service to customers for free. Between professional cleanings, you should clean your jewelry on your own periodically to preserve its shine. Most pieces can be cleaned with a soft brush and soap and water. For diamond jewelry, use a diamond-cleaning kit. If you have silver jewelry, you should polish it regularly with silver polish to remove tarnish. Avoid wearing your jewelry when exercising or performing household chores. Also, do not expose your jewelry to any harsh chemicals, such as chlorine or cleaning products. When you store your jewelry, keep it away from other pieces to prevent scratching. A soft pouch or small box is ideal for jewelry storage.
Questions that you need answered, Commenst you wanna leave, you can contact us using information below.
Advertise with us.